This is my first year attending MGA, and so far this experience has been great. I love this environment and im hoping to be involved in politics in the future. My friends told me how much fun they had the previous years so I decided to attend this year. I love walking around the capitol, it is a beautiful building and the architecture is breath taking. As a reporter i was able to interview a variety of students, including candidates. This helped me learn the proper way to interview a person and take notes. I am hoping next year to be a Delegate so i will be able to experience that as well as being a reporter. This will most definately benefit me in the future. I am very thankful to have this organization in my home state of Virginia, and i think i can speak for alot of people. I will always remember my wonderful experience at MGA. By: Emily Robinson (Brunswick Academy)
CONA Delegation Profiles 2019: Parker Boggs
Parker Boggs is attending Broadwater Academy next fall as a Senior. This was his third year at MGA and will be his second time experiencing CONA. His proposal raises the federal smoking age from 18 to 21 in an effort to protect America’s youth from nicotine addiction. Parker is looking forward to seeing his old friends back on the mountain and meeting even more new friends as well as working solo on his proposal this year because last year he combined and it didn’t end as well as he would’ve liked (you can ask him for further info). Parker believes that programs like CONA and MGA are very important because they allow so many teens to become involved and interact with important and pressing issues within our nation, and Parker firmly believes that kids our age can fix issues by spreading awareness and advocating for change. When asked what the title of his “life movie” would be, Parker answered: “My Positive Note.” He explains that with the unpredictability of life, it’s always best to ...
Comments
Post a Comment